[ANNOUNCE] [SOCIAL] Thursday, 2nd of February - The Prince Arthur, Euston

Nigel Rantor wiggly at wiggly.org
Fri Jan 20 14:35:40 GMT 2006

Simon Wistow wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 01:33:05PM +0000, Nigel Rantor said:
>
>>Hmm...that surprises me, maybe it means people are just a lot more
>>willing to talk crap about other people's code than to go and do
>>something to prove it, oh, hold on...*lightbulb*
>

> Which reminds me.
>
> Adam Kennedy recently posted a nice bit on "Can't You Just ..."

The favourite form of this at one place I used to work was : "How easy
would it be to..." from marketdroids, inevitably after they had
positioned you in front of a few people.

They ask what sounds like a simple question, then provide their own
"CYJ" solution in the hope that you'll have to agree that "golly, that's
easy, I'll just do it before lunch!"

So we had them providing the problem and the CYJ solution in one neato
package. Noice.

Boy, I must be in a mood today, I just had to delete a whole rant that
led to homicide...anyways....

I notice Simon that you ignored my chief-taster idea. *grrr*