tree rats

Paul Makepeace at
Mon Jan 23 17:54:36 GMT 2006

Je 2006-01-23 17:33:08 +0000, Jacqui Caren skribis:
> Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> >On 23/1/2006, "Gareth Kirwan" <gbjk at> wrote:
> >>I'm just amazed at how many of the cute little blighters there are.
> >>... until it's BBQ season that is.
> >>Free burger anyone?
> >
> >Yes please!  One of the meats I'd love to try but haven't been able to
> >find!  You'll need an air rifle.
> Or one of these

A friend of mine gave up on the air rifle route and instead rigged up
a 2KW neon transformer (~10KV), a series of nails along his fence, some
clay insulators, and an about 2m pair of wires spaced about a squirrel
chest's width apart.

Apparently the squirrels just froze still, neurology & physiology
instantly overloaded & fried, whereas a large local pest cat spasmed
enough to get a metre or so in the air. It only did this once however;
never seen again.

"What is a ripe fruit in comparison to dog shit asked the
 prime-minister? An axolotl."