Young Whisky

Joel Bernstein joel at fysh.org
Fri Feb 17 16:26:44 GMT 2006

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 04:14:32PM +0000, Peter Corlett wrote:
> I'm currently working through the Ardbeg Uigedail and the Balvenie PortWood
> and DoubleWood. The port cask finish of the Balvenie does make quite an
> interesting little drink.

I bought a bottle of Ardbeg Uigedail for my dad for his birthday, which
is lovely stuff. Bought myself a bottle of Balvenie DoubleWood then too,
which is also very good [but I prefer the Ardbeg]. Have been told I
should try Scapa and Mortlach too...

Personal favourites so far are Ardbeg Uigedail, Lagavulin and Highland
Park 12 and 18yo. I really should drink less beer and more whisky at
home, it doesn't seem to cost any more to drink good scotch than to
drink nice belgian beers.

Any other particularly fine whiskies?

/joel