[JOB] Perl Software Developer and Database programmer

Pete Sergeant pete at clueball.com
Tue Feb 21 12:27:00 GMT 2006

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 12:17:28PM +0000, Mark Blackman wrote:
> They appear to be struggling to find decent candidates apparently.

Perhaps they should put a salary estimate on the ad then? Too much
experience of companies wanting the world, applying strenuous and in
some cases, pretty weird recruitment practices, before offering me a 5k
pay drop to work for them ("We'd offer you more, but it would upset
other people of a similar age to you in the office"), and then being
actively aggressive if you turn them down, to apply for a job without an
estimate of what they're looking to pay.

Credit to them for not requiring a degree in computer science tho,
because their non-technical CTO has 'ideas'.

Bitter? Me?

+Pete