[JOB] Perl Software Developer and Database programmer

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Feb 22 11:52:44 GMT 2006

Peter Hickman <peter at semantico.com> wrote:
[...]
> A little worrisome this, I couldn't tell you the difference between local
> and my, I could probably muddle through our. I do know closures but what's
> a stash? I would like to think that I am at least competent after all
> these years but it sounds like I would probably fail.

Knowing the difference between local and my is kind of important. I'd say
that somebody who didn't know this basic stuff was not competent.

I've yet to find a real use for our, apart from that it's better than "use
vars" for declaring globals. I can't help thinking I'm missing some other
obvious use for it, but I'm not sure what.

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger abuse at mooli.org.uk for full key