[JOB] Perl Software Developer and Database programmer

Stray Toaster mwk at stray-toaster.co.uk
Wed Feb 22 12:05:01 GMT 2006

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 11:52:44AM +0000, Peter Corlett wrote:

> I've yet to find a real use for our, apart from that it's better than "use
> vars" for declaring globals. I can't help thinking I'm missing some other
> obvious use for it, but I'm not sure what.

I use it in tests for overriding subs. Subs which, for example, might
have side effects I don't want, or call out to some service which I
don't want to do during testing.

Blerg. What was that about having good communication skills? I blame a
heady cocktail of Benyln, Strepsils and bonjela.

m.

/ I didn't have to use my AK Today was A \
\ Good Day                               /
 v__v   \  \   O   )

--
Gotta have a blog. It is the law.
http://www.stray-toaster.co.uk/blog/