[JOB] Perl Software Developer and Database programmer

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Feb 22 13:33:49 GMT 2006

Peter Hickman <peter at semantico.com> wrote:
> I have never had to use local in all my years as a perl programmer. I know
> it exists and I know that it is not the same as my or our (which I have
> used) but I have never had the need for it - that I know of. Do you know
> the difference between first order and second order beta reduction. If not
> then I declare that you are not a competent programmer. See, I can be a
> complete dickhead too.

Obviously, when writing code in a mainly procedural programming language,
having a grasp of advanced functional programming techniques is comparable
to knowing to sidestep archaic language misfeatures to avoid shooting
yourself in the foot. Thanks for clearing that up.

Health consists of having the same diseases as one's neighbors.
								- Quentin Crisp