[JOB] Perl Software Developer and Database programmer

Peter Hickman peter at semantico.com
Wed Feb 22 13:12:07 GMT 2006

Peter Corlett wrote:

> Knowing the difference between local and my is kind of important. I'd say
> that somebody who didn't know this basic stuff was not competent.

I have never had to use local in all my years as a perl programmer. I
know it exists and I know that it is not the same as my or our (which I
have used) but I have never had the need for it - that I know of. Do you
know the difference between first order and second order beta reduction.
If not then I declare that you are not a competent programmer. See, I
can be a complete dickhead too.