Books & Audiobooks (was [JOB] Perl Software Developer and Database programmer)

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Feb 23 12:19:31 GMT 2006

David Dorward <david at dorward.me.uk> wrote:
[...]
> Audiobooks are great for the car though. I've got most of the Big Finish
> ranges ripped for driving places, and mplayer built against Real Player
> lets me grab nice large chunks of radio 4[1] and convert it to mp3 for the
> same purpose.

One of my planned projects, awaiting me moving somewhere with better
Freeview reception than here, is to record R3/R4/R7 off-air at high quality,
combine with publicly-available schedule data and present the results to me
as a podcast feed.

The BBC's Realplayer and podcast feeds are very poor quality and quite
tiring to listen to, as well as not providing 100% coverage.

--
Q: How many hackers does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A: Zero. Nobody knew they were there.