[JOB] Perl Software Developer and Database programmer

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Feb 23 12:31:52 GMT 2006

Jacqui Caren <jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Peter Corlett wrote:
>> I concur for DVDs, but what about books? I read much more than I stare at
>> the Idiot's Lantern.

> I have started to move to audio books (CD/DVD -> MP3).
> A set of cordless headphones and you can listen to "stranger in a
> strange land" while soaking in the bath :-)
> OK it is not the same pronunciation etc but you do get to close
> your eyes and turn out the lights :-)

Well, I'm a Radio 4 junkie and collect audiobooks and podcasts as well, but
there's quite a few books that would either make lousy audiobooks, or are
just nt economic to produce.

Would an audiobook version of the Camel Book *really* be of use? It'd be
about as fun as reading a transcript of Just a Minute.

But the question remains? Who other than Amazon is a fast/cheap/good
bookseller? Sure, you can only pick two, but Amazon seem to give me about
.5/.75/.75 which adds up to two :)

--
Maybe that's why Pac Bell was one of the first to go to all-number calling.
Which stirred up community opposition in the form of the Anti Digit Dialing