DAB [was Re: Books & Audiobooks (was [JOB] Perl Software Developer and Database programmer)]

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Thu Feb 23 13:49:55 GMT 2006

On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 01:41:18PM +0000, Peter Corlett wrote:

> The BBC's Real streams are poor quality, and incomplete. DAB isn't much
> better. I'm specifically interested in the DVB-T stream, which is most

I fail to understand why they're expecting us to shift either from FM to DAB,
or analogue to digital TV, given that the quality on the digital is soooo
much worse. (use more 'bandwidth', auntie. And why does it pixelate so badly
on a cross fade?)

Or is it something to do with "worse is better" as someone has already
commented on w.r.t. mp3s taking over from CDs, as most people don't seem to
care about the quality.

Nicholas Clark