Books & Audiobooks (was [JOB] Perl Software Developer and Database programmer)

Jacqui Caren jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com
Thu Feb 23 14:26:54 GMT 2006

David Dorward wrote:
> If I used my bath (its pathetic so I shower instead - the shower is
> wonderful with nice hot water and lots of pressure), then my response
> would be "Meh. I mastered the art of not dropping books in the water
> years ago."

Not me - I end up dropping them or fall asleep and plosh em when I wake.
Then have to buy a second copy - I started grabbing second copies
from boot sales "Justin Case" - which is how I got the signed "Banks"for
"loose change" :-)

> Audiobooks are great for the car though. I've got most of the Big
> Finish ranges ripped for driving places, and mplayer built against
> Real Player lets me grab nice large chunks of radio 4[1] and convert
> it to mp3 for the same purpose.

Nice.

> [1] Latest rip: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/comedy/nebulous.shtml

My Paul has all of his abba music on the GPS on a 1GB SD card.
Drives me insane but he loves them - and country music :-)

Listening to Shania Twain right now :-)

Jacqui