Young Whisky

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Feb 23 20:58:10 GMT 2006

On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 02:05:27PM -0000, McGlinchy, Alistair wrote:
> > I did once have some VERY young Ardbeg spirit, and thought it
> > was quite pleasant.  I won't try to describe what it tasted
> > like though, cos I was already half drunk at the time and
> > wasn't paying much attention.  It definitely tasted of whisky though.
> Any idea what the percentage of alcohol was?

Nope.

> Was this straight from the barrel or as a bottled product?

IIRC it came from a bottle, but it certainly wasn't a product they'd
sell, I think they were just doing it as a gimmick at the beer and
whisky festival.  It wasn't even Scotch, being less than three years
old.

> What about the colour?

Pretty much colourless.  It may have had just the faintest hint of
colour, I wasn't really paying much attention.

THIS IS THE LANGUAGE POLICE
PUT DOWN YOUR THESAURUS
STEP AWAY FROM THE CLICHE