Young Whisky

McGlinchy, Alistair Alistair.McGlinchy at
Mon Feb 20 14:05:27 GMT 2006

> > Given that the barrels add so much to the flavour of
> whisky, what does
> > whisky aged less than 3 years actually taste like?  I'm imagining
> > something closer to vodka.
> I did once have some VERY young Ardbeg spirit, and thought it
> was quite pleasant.  I won't try to describe what it tasted
> like though, cos I was already half drunk at the time and
> wasn't paying much attention.  It definitely tasted of whisky though.

Any idea what the percentage of alcohol was?
Was this straight from the barrel or as a bottled product?
What about the colour?

Registered Office:
Marks and Spencer plc
Waterside House
35 North Wharf Road
W2 1NW

Registered No. 214436 in England and Wales.

Telephone (020) 7935 4422
Facsimile (020) 7487 2670