DAB [was Re: Books & Audiobooks (was [JOB] Perl Software Developer and Database programmer)]

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Sat Feb 25 23:10:12 GMT 2006

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 10:48:50AM +0000, Peter Hickman wrote:
> There is also the environment to factor into this. I listen to my iPod
> when in transit, therefore there is a point at which higher quality is
> imperceptible due to ambient noise.

Not to mention that the notion that you can fit hundreds of uncompressed
CDs on an ipod is utter tosh.  I could fit about 70 average length
albums on mine - and mine is one of the larger ones at 40GB.  If I
randomly decide that I want to listen to Ray Charles, I want him on my ipod.
That won't happen if I only have uncompressed files on there and I have
to choose in advance what's on there today.

    Planckton: n, the smallest possible living thing