Books & Audiobooks (was [JOB] Perl Software Developer and Database programmer)

Martin Bower martin.bower at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 14:12:39 GMT 2006

On 2/23/06, Peter Corlett <abuse at cabal.org.uk> wrote:

> The BBC's Real streams are poor quality, and incomplete. DAB isn't much
> better. I'm specifically interested in the DVB-T stream, which is most
> certainly not streamable off the Internet.
>
> DVB-S would be better, but I'm unlikely to be able to stick up a Wall Wok,
> and it'd also attract the attention of TV Licensing.

I have a freeview card (Nebula), which can be used to record freeview
stations e.g oneword, BBC3 , and save in mp3 format.  The quality is more
than good enough for Audiobooks.

Failing that, why not invest in a Topfield, and get a TAP to grab everything
from that channel as well ? This would be easier, but with the added pain of
having to copy to a PC afterwards, and maybe convert.