[JOB] LAMP type work

Jacqui Caren jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com
Tue Feb 28 17:02:30 GMT 2006

Greg McCarroll wrote:

> On 28 Feb 2006, at 13:31, Jacqui Caren wrote:
>
>> The excpetion to the rule is anyone involved in the legal  profession
>> - they have to think of thier obligations 24x7.

> how so?

Ah it was my understanding that there are constraints upon the
personal lives of certain people in the legal professions.

  * police officers are not allowed to run up gambling debts.
  * lawyers can get into deep poo for accepting gifts, expressing
    personal opinions, "lying" etc.

Ok this is not much more than you or I should do in most cases, however
we do not stand to lose our place in the profession (not just a job) if
we make just one stupid mistake in our private lives.

Yes I know police do gamble, accept gifts and discounts from dicey
sources (some of my family are police) but they have to consider is the
risk each time.

Hell, a cousin is gay (I have not seen him for over 20 years!) but he
had to move forces so that he could openly be with his life partner
without ruining his career.

Jacqui