Roger Burton West roger at
Tue Feb 28 18:44:09 GMT 2006

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 06:36:28PM +0000, Paul Orrock wrote:

>I'm obviously missing the point here. I can stick with my existing package
>which gives me true unlimited download with no FUP at ?24.99

But new customers can't, after today.

>Pay for what you use, people ! Broadband is a privilege, not a right.

If you don't want people to use their N megabit/second continuously,
don't sell it to them as "N megabit/second, always on". Honest
advertising is (at least nominally) a requirement, not an option.

See my initial question: who is still offering bandwidth cleanly, rather
than having a monthly capacity limit (usually hidden somewhere nice and
far away from the headline bitrate)? One answer, in five hours from now,
is "not Zen".