Virgin.net scam

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue Feb 28 20:36:38 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 20:08 +0000, Jacqui Caren wrote:

> Our Canon pixma 1500 is OK - not exactly reliable and prone to jams and
> the printer driver for linux costs almost as much as the printer and
> does not work :-( IMHO I don't think canon give a shit about linux
> users, which is a great pity. I will have to look elsewhere when the
> pixma gets replaced unless canon get thier act together - evidently they
> will not even respond to the linux print driver developer community!

Isn't it interesting that people can get such diametrically opposed
opinions about a manufacturer. I suppose I use a more expensive Canon
than the 1500 and that may be the reason, but I would recommend one and
Jacqui (by the sound of it) wouldn't.

So I place my tin hat on and say, try turboprint for linux drivers, I
use them and they work well for me. However, you should use their setup
programs to create the linux printers (at least for CUPS).

http://www.turboprint.de/english.html

Dirk