Virgin.net scam

Jacqui Caren jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com
Tue Feb 28 22:51:58 GMT 2006

Paul Makepeace wrote:
> Je 2006-02-28 16:58:43 +0000, Roger Burton West skribis:
>
>>On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 05:03:52PM +0000, Robert Shiels wrote:
>>

>>>Not to mention recent vodafone advertising for unlimited internet on mobile
>>>phones. I've ranted already here
>>>http://se71.org/blog/archives/2006/01/unlimited_inter.html but basically,
>>>they're lying too, you only get 1Gb per month.
>>
>>So, Nildram's weaselling, Zen is too... anybody left offering honest
>

> I for one am also failing to even register a flicker of indignation that
> an ISP is capping downloads at 50GB during peak periods. Nildram even
> provide up to a month's rollover. I can't even think of a non-warez use
> case that would actually consume 50GB of data a month.

Example:
I have an ipsec link to work. the business DSL link can be used to
replicate software trees to local systems - including CC Vobs.

I have a 250GByte space ready to hold this lot. Nightly syncs could
result in that sort of monthly bandwidth.

Nice that BT business are unlimited/uncapped :-)

Jacqui