Virgin.net scam

Simon Wilcox essuu at ourshack.com
Wed Mar 1 09:48:49 GMT 2006

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006, Peter Hickman wrote:

> I can easily hit 1Gb, up to 3Gb, a day when I'm getting torrents and the
> like. All perfectly legal.

How do you use up 90Gb/mth legally (I'm actually quite curious about
this, not doubting that you're being legal !) ?

And why do you think such heavy usage should be provided to you at the
same price as a light user ?

>                             Combine that with my website and one I run
> for a friend and you can have a pretty high throughput without doing
> anything special.

Check your T&Cs, running websites is probably not allowed. Anyway, running
websites on a 256k upstream pipe seems a bit silly. Surely a Bytemark VM
or similar would be a better option ?

Simon.

--
"2 to the power of 100,000 to 1 and falling...."