Virgin.net scam

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed Mar 1 12:40:33 GMT 2006

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 08:59:32PM +0000, Paul Makepeace wrote:

> I for one am also failing to even register a flicker of indignation that
> an ISP is capping downloads at 50GB during peak periods. Nildram even
> provide up to a month's rollover. I can't even think of a non-warez use
> case that would actually consume 50GB of data a month.

I can.  Distributing legal copies of DVDs and CDs.  eg, for your band,
or some society that you belong to, or of software that you have the
owner's permission to distribute.

--
David Cantrell | Benevolent Dictator Of The World

Wizened native guide to take you into mountains - $150
Sledgehammer to break down stone door - $12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones - priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know.
For everything else, there's Mastercard