amazon quits sluff because the peeps canna talk propa

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Mon Mar 6 11:59:27 GMT 2006

On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 08:28:13PM +0000, Jacqui Caren wrote:

> "Amazon has decided to relocate its customer service centre to Cork in a
> bid to take advantage of stronger language skills in Ireland."
>
> "A dearth of French and German speakers is behind the shift to Cork."

I can't help but think that Amazon had trouble recruiting because they
were in Slough and no-one wanted to go there, not because there aren't
enough French and German speakers here.

--
David Cantrell | random organic glop and a metric fuckton of electricity

Wizened native guide to take you into mountains - $150
Sledgehammer to break down stone door - $12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones - priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know.
For everything else, there's Mastercard