Printers [was scam]

Matt Sergeant msergeant at
Mon Mar 6 20:23:23 GMT 2006

On 3-Mar-06, at 5:31 PM, Pedro Figueiredo wrote:

> i have an ip5000 and am extremely pissed off because i can't get it
> to do proper b&w, it's always a sort of sepia (mac os x, photoshop
> cs, adobe rgb 1998 profile in everything). do you have any luck
> with b&w with the 4000?

Here's what I use from Photoshop 7 with my ip4000:

in the PS print dialog:

Color Management:
Source Space: Document
Print Space: BJ Color Printer Profile 2000, Perceptual (no Black
Point Comp).

in the OS print dialog:

ColorSync - Color Conversion: Standard, Quartz Filter: None
Quality & Media - Media Type: Photo Paper Pro (and I only use Canon
paper). Print Mode: Printing a top quality photo.
Color Options- Color Correction: BJ Standard, Print Type: Photo.
Everything else left as-is. Save this profile as "Photoshop" so it's
easy to do next time.

That seems to work for me. It took hours of experimenting to get this
right though.

For more information please visit