TT on teh 1rc

Denny De La Haye denny at fsite.com
Thu Mar 16 17:31:35 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 09:22 -0800, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> David> And Randal, please don't send me personal copies of replies you also
> David> send to the list.  It's a gigantic pain in the arse.
>
> HRMPH.
>
> *If* this list didn't set reply-to, I wouldn't have to put it into a folder
> where I say "ignore-evil-reply-to", and then *you* could put *reply-to* on
> your mail to the list.
>
> HOWEVER, since the list is broken, you don't get to do what you want.

I click 'reply' on a message from the list, my reply goes to the list.
How is that broken?

In the extremely unusual situation where I want to reply just to the
sender, I'll click on their name.

Anyway, this seems only marginally related to the original request,
which was not to send out duplicates.  The only time it makes sense to
cc an individual when replying to a list is if they're not on the list.
In which case, these days, they're unlikely to be able to send mail
through it in the first place.

Surely you must have ticked a box somewhere that says 'when replying to
a list, cc the original poster as well', or is that a default behaviour
of your mail client?  It seems a little perverse.

--
Denny De La Haye                Perl Developer  0208 545 6811
Foresite Business Solutions     www.fsite.com   0208 540 0040