TT on teh 1rc

Tom Hukins tom at eborcom.com
Thu Mar 16 23:45:33 GMT 2006

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 08:30:33PM +0000, Greg McCarroll wrote:
> If we do move to Siesta, I propose a new rule - If you whine about a
> technical mailing list problem you are obligated to create an
> adequate plugin  or patch for Siesta to fix your concern.

The best line manager I've worked for told me he didn't mind my
criticism as long as I told him how to improve things.  I'd go a step
further:  criticism works best when you change the things you dislike.

In case dipsy reads the list:  Greg++.

> People around this list will of course help you to  understand
> Siesta to such a degree that this achievable for any reasonable
> level of Perl knowledge.

And that's the important corollary:  you don't have to improve things
on your own.  You just have to make most of the effort.  But the more
effort you make, the more others become infected your enthusiasm.

I apologise.  I'm talking about dull, serious things.  I've not caused
any controversy.

How about this:  I wonder how many of Britain's active Perl Monger
groups were founded and are still run by Mancunians.  Has anyone born
in London actually founded or run a Perl Mongers group yet?  Do I get
the special moderation bit?

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 04:59:54PM +0000, David Cantrell wrote:
> R S Q R O D C C!

"I ask you, read the CC"?

Good night,
Tom