Request for Experiences - Dell Inspiron 630M

Andrew Beattie andrew at tug.com
Mon Mar 27 11:34:30 BST 2006

Jonathan Stowe wrote:

> Fuck you hippy, I'm using a lovely silver vaio right now

*grin*

If you're running Windows, Sony make a nice laptop.  We have two:

Mine: VGN-A298XP

It a a gorgeous 1920x1200 screen.  The X-black stuff is nice, just so
long as you don't have a direct reflection in it.

80GB, 1.5GB, Wifi Bluetooth, DVD writer etc...

It's been bulletproof for the 18 months I've had it and I'm looking to
buy it off my employer when they instigate the new policy of IT facism.

(only allowed company approved software, must run AV and local Firewall,
etc)

Hers:  VGN-TX1HP

Astonishingly small and light, yet 1366x768 screen.

And all the toys: 60GB, 1GB. Wifi, Bluetooth, DVD writer

It's *gorgeous*.  We spent our own money on it.

Andrew