Blosxom and friends

David H. Adler dha at panix.com
Tue Mar 28 19:16:14 BST 2006

On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 02:24:33PM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
> I'm pondering switching from using Livejournal to hosting my journal on
> my own machine.  I want something that requires minimal configuration -
> build, point at directories, go.  I don't want to have to fuck about
> with mod_perl, php, java or RDBMSes.  Blosxom seems like a good choice.
> Trouble is, it doesn't support having people comment.  And the
> writeback-notify plugin just didn't work last night.

MJD just talked about using Blosxom in his blog.

http://www.plover.com/blog/oops/who-farted.html
http://www.plover.com/blog/oops/blosxom-sux.html

Possibly counterintuitively, he indicates that when he says "blosxom
sucks" he means it as a compliment. :-)

Long story short, he likes blosxom, but it is simple and limited by
design. He appears to be moving to Bryar.

Worth reading the long versions, though.

dha

--
David H. Adler - <dha at panix.com> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/
War! Huh! What is it good for? Subterranian-dwelling reptilian