monday morning pick me up

Dean Wilson dwilson at
Tue Apr 4 00:14:12 BST 2006

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 11:42:54PM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
> I think that the test we set people applying for perl jobs at Outcome is
> pretty good.  It certainly copes with finding who passes/fails your
> a and b.  But I'm not going to tell you lot what it is in case you ever
> apply for a job with us.

I also like the fact you get to use any resources you'd have available
in day-to-day life. Such as google.

I've never liked interviews where they hold up a piece of paper and say
"what does that do". Encouraging your staff to print chunks of code out and
play guessing games always seemed odd to me :)

Dean Wilson
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand
  --- Anon