Mac sftp

David Dorward david at dorward.me.uk
Tue Apr 18 10:56:09 BST 2006

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 11:40:31AM +0200, Jurgen Pletinckx wrote:
> I'm really clueless about Macs. A client of $JOB appears to
> work from a Mac (as based on his mail agent being Microsoft
> Entourage), and is not incredibly technical. He should access
> an sftp server (ftp/ssh2).

> Any preferences? Thoughts? Amusing duck stories? Thanks!

I gave up on Mac after finding the UI too frustrating, and the
constant "Oooh, that would be useful ... shareware" irritating (I'm
too used to free software). One program which I actually liked was
Cyberduck.

http://cyberduck.ch/ - FTP and SFTP Browser for Mac OS X.

So there you have a preference, a though, and a very slightly amusing
duck story, all in one.