[OT] Linux-worthy laptop recommendations

Daniel Barlow dan at telent.net
Wed May 3 18:39:49 BST 2006

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 06:29:27PM +0100, Aaron Trevena wrote:
> On 03/05/06, Tielman de Villiers <tvilliers at gmail.com> wrote:
> >I've been using Ubuntu on compaq nx9105 for 15 months without problems.
>
> Fedora Core 3 on a compaq nx6110 for about 12, again without problems.
> FC5 should work really nicely on that range.

I've been pretty happy with my compaq nc4000 for the past year or so.
It's probably not made any more (and doesn't have as much ram as you
want), but +1 for the hp/compaq range in general.  Lots of
easily-googleable linux resources on the net for them too

Never managed to get ACPI suspend-to-ram working (but swsusp
hibernate-to-disk is fine) and haven't even tried to use the builtin
modem, but I think everything else is supported.

-dan