The Truthiness About George W. Bush

james@mastros.biz james at mastros.biz
Thu May 4 13:11:10 BST 2006

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 07:47:18PM -0400, Chris Devers wrote:
> Ah, so apparently what the source material could well be interpreted as
> being in the public domain, they put their logo on their broadcast of
> it, and by so doing claim that it becomes their property, and whether or
> not this is a correct interpretation of law, they vigorously defend it.
It would seem that the obvious response is to remove their logo -- very easy
with any sort of manual editing -- just black out that corner, and then
watch the video to remove anywhere else it shows up (which happens rarely,
or at least did the last time I watched it).

Reading that article, I don't think they have a leg to stand on if you do
that, at least for the majority of the time when they're just broadcasting
speaches people make anyway from fixed camera positions.

Of course, not having a leg to stand on doesn't keep them from suing you
anyway.

	 -=- James Mastros