Perl API to Lucene

Marvin Humphrey marvin at
Fri May 5 08:33:53 BST 2006

On May 4, 2006, at 1:50 PM, Robert Rothenberg wrote:

> On 05/04/2006 09:38 AM Nik Clayton wrote:
>> What're the benefits of this over Plucene?
> If it can run on platforms that Plucene cannot, then that is a
> benefit in
> itself. (Plucence is one of those modules that I've never been able
> to get
> to run on any platform I've used--Windows, Cygwin, or Linux.)

KinoSearch 0.10 was just uploaded to CPAN a couple of hours ago.  The
primary motivation for this release is Windows compatibility: 0.10
builds and tests fine on Win32 ActivePerl 817, based on perl-5.8.8.
Hopefully it will work fine with Cygwin as well, and if it doesn't,
I'll be fixing it.  Several flavors of Linux have been no problem for
a while now.

The feature set is nearly the same as Plucene's, with the addition of
an integrated Highlighter.  Unlike Lucene's highlighter, though, this
one handles phrase queries correctly.

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research