New books from Apress

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Sun May 21 00:25:11 BST 2006

Dave Hodgkinson <davehodg at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> I still wonder what a 3.2GHz 6502 would run like.

s/6502/8085/ and you've got a 3.2GHz P4. If the same resources were put
behind the 6502 as Intel put behind their design, you'd get a similarly
inconsistent and arcane CPU that would still fly in a
pig-with-rocket-up-arse kind of way.

The 6502 doesn't really do it for me though. I found m68k to be a much more
interesting architecture (but possibly only because I've never got to use a
PDP-11.)

--
If Mr. Vincent Price were to be co-starred with Miss Bette Davis in a story by
Mr. Edgar Allan Poe directed by Mr. Roger Corman, it could not fully express