RPM 2 HTML

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Thu Jun 8 14:51:13 BST 2006

What (if anything) do people use to generate web pages based on the
contents of RPM files? I mean something like the results pages of
rpmfind.net. I've looked at rpm2html (which is what rpmfind uses) and
it would be ok if I wanted my web pages to look like something from
1997.

My preferred solution would be along the lines of a
Template::Plugin::RPM, but that doesn't seem to exist yet. I'm happy
to write it, but there doesn't seem to be an RPM module on CPAN to
build it on. The Perl-RPM distribution[1] seems rather old and I can't
get it to build with an up to date version of rpmlib.

Sooo... any recommendations would be appreciated. Doesn't need to be
Perl, but it does need to include some kind of templating.

In the meantime, there I have some CPAN RPMs available at
http://rpm.mag-sol.com/. These are strictly on a "it works on my FC5
system - you're on your own" basis.

Cheers,

Dave...