Rafael Garcia-Suarez rgarciasuarez at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 15:03:18 BST 2006

On 08/06/06, Dave Cross <dave at dave.org.uk> wrote:
> What (if anything) do people use to generate web pages based on the
> contents of RPM files? I mean something like the results pages of
> rpmfind.net. I've looked at rpm2html (which is what rpmfind uses) and
> it would be ok if I wanted my web pages to look like something from
> 1997.

And it provides very fractional information.

> My preferred solution would be along the lines of a
> Template::Plugin::RPM, but that doesn't seem to exist yet. I'm happy
> to write it, but there doesn't seem to be an RPM module on CPAN to
> build it on. The Perl-RPM distribution[1] seems rather old and I can't
> get it to build with an up to date version of rpmlib.

Perl-RPM is dead. You might want to consider RPM4.

You might also want to ask the author of RPM4, who created a web site
that contains extended informations for all rpms of the Mandriva Linux

Not very shiny HTML, but it's some TT inside to generate it, and the
source code is available on a public svn somewhere.

rgs, rpm expert against his own will