RPM 2 HTML

Rafael Garcia-Suarez rgarciasuarez at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 15:03:18 BST 2006

On 08/06/06, Dave Cross <dave at dave.org.uk> wrote:

> What (if anything) do people use to generate web pages based on the
> contents of RPM files? I mean something like the results pages of
> rpmfind.net. I've looked at rpm2html (which is what rpmfind uses) and
> it would be ok if I wanted my web pages to look like something from
> 1997.

And it provides very fractional information.

> My preferred solution would be along the lines of a
> Template::Plugin::RPM, but that doesn't seem to exist yet. I'm happy
> to write it, but there doesn't seem to be an RPM module on CPAN to
> build it on. The Perl-RPM distribution[1] seems rather old and I can't
> get it to build with an up to date version of rpmlib.

Perl-RPM is dead. You might want to consider RPM4.

You might also want to ask the author of RPM4, who created a web site
that contains extended informations for all rpms of the Mandriva Linux
distributions.

http://sophie.zarb.org/

Not very shiny HTML, but it's some TT inside to generate it, and the
source code is available on a public svn somewhere.

--
rgs, rpm expert against his own will