RPM 2 HTML

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Thu Jun 8 15:08:19 BST 2006

Quoting Rafael Garcia-Suarez <rgarciasuarez at gmail.com>:

> On 08/06/06, Dave Cross <dave at dave.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>> My preferred solution would be along the lines of a
>> Template::Plugin::RPM, but that doesn't seem to exist yet. I'm happy
>> to write it, but there doesn't seem to be an RPM module on CPAN to
>> build it on. The Perl-RPM distribution[1] seems rather old and I can't
>> get it to build with an up to date version of rpmlib.
>
> Perl-RPM is dead. You might want to consider RPM4.

I wish people would remove dead distributions from CPAN. It just
confusess people.

I'd seen RPM4. I looked like it was a particularly thin layer around
rpmlib. And I didn't really want to have to learn that much about RPM
lib. But if it's my best option then I'll investigate further.

> You might also want to ask the author of RPM4, who created a web site
> that contains extended informations for all rpms of the Mandriva Linux
> distributions.
>
> http://sophie.zarb.org/
>
> Not very shiny HTML, but it's some TT inside to generate it, and the
> source code is available on a public svn somewhere.

Ooh. Interesting. Thanks.

Dave...