[JOB] BBC Perl Developer at White City

John Costello cos at indeterminate.net
Fri Jul 14 22:09:12 BST 2006

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006, Richard Jolly wrote:
> The problem I've had is that in a such a big organization you cat get
> massive duplication of effort. Whole projects seem to exist in
> duplicate in different departments. This can be justified in some ways,
> but the tragedy is those projects may not only fail to cooperate, but
> might not even heard of each other.

How is that different from any largish organization?  My organization is
roughly 250 people (within a much larger company), and there are two
projects underway to accomplish roughly the same thing.  I happen to know
a lot about the topic, so both groups came to me.  Neither had heard that
there was another project (and the second group had to deal with my
initial confusion, as I didn't realize that they were on a second
project).