the "no good Perl jobs"/"no good Perl programmers" myth

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Sun Aug 6 01:27:32 BST 2006

On 5 Aug 2006, at 17:40, Uri Guttman wrote:
> [...] getting you brits to move
> over here is problematic (though i did get a german and a canadian to
> move to nyc!).

Oh, now that one's easy. H1B appears to be code for "fuck this
employee over", so anybody who is not completely wet behind the ears
will give it a wide berth unless the deal is astoundingly better than
what's on offer locally. And, well, London is still where it's at,
even if it is a bit naff at the moment. I moved from Oop North, and
you should see how grim it is there :)

Short of a seven figure sum being paid into my bank account as a
golden hello, I'm not sure I would ever consider moving to the USA.