the "no good Perl jobs"/"no good Perl programmers" myth

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Mon Aug 7 14:01:43 BST 2006

On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 01:34:58PM +0100, Peter Hickman wrote:

> Interesting, because when I've seen a posting with senior in the title I
> have always assumed they want someone better than me. So I don't apply.

If you like the look of the job and the company, then ignore the title,
and if you even half-match their shopping list of requirements, apply.

The worst that can happen is that they'll say no.

--
David Cantrell | Benevolent Dictator Of The World

Today's previously unreported paraphilia is tomorrow's Internet sensation