Banking SIG?

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Aug 8 12:17:40 BST 2006

On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 02:59:11PM +0100, alex at owal.co.uk wrote:

> I'm one of those strange perl programmers who actually likes working for
> banks and the financial industry. I hardly ever wear a suit, the hours are
> ok, and the money is pretty good.
>
> Who else is out there in the same boat - or wanting to get into doing perl
> for investment banks.
>
> I'm wondering whether we should have a mailing list, or forum, or pub
> meeting.

I've been forever put off banking (and the whole financial industry)
because when I did do it many years ago it seemed to have a far higher
density of cunts than even Hoxton does.  However, I would be delighted
to be shown how wrong I am over a few friendly beers.

  Longum iter est per praecepta, breve et efficax per exempla.