Inverse Binary Rock-Suck Entanglement (the "no good Perl jobs"/"text editors" myth)

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue Aug 8 14:03:13 BST 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 13:20 +0100, Andrew Beattie wrote:
> Andy Wardley wrote:
> > On a similar note, one of the best questions I was asked in an interview
> > was "What do you think of Microsoft?"
> While trying to find out whether a candidate knows what is going on in
> the industry, I have asked the question:
>
> "Who is the CEO of Microsoft?"
>
> There is a spectrum of possible answers from bad through to good:

But the problem with that question is that, unless you actually know
because you have made your business, you have think for a bit and choose
between two answers. How many people know or care what the exact titles
of shy, retiring Steve or (comparatively) big, brash Bill are?

Bit like: What is the capital of the Netherlands?

Quite a few english "reference" sources have the wrong answer (i.e. any
answer beginning with the letters 'D' or 'T' [if english]). It is again
a matter of which place has exactly what role.

Dirk