Inverse Binary Rock-Suck Entanglement (the "no good Perl jobs"/"text editors" myth)

Adam Turoff ziggy at panix.com
Tue Aug 8 15:14:34 BST 2006

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 02:48:20PM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
> While I would have guessed Ballmer, why would I be expected to care about
> the management structure of a company whose products I arguably limit my
> career choices to avoid where possible in a quest for a less stress-filled
> life?

Forget the politics, what does the management structure of a tech
company have to do with programming?  It's much more important to
know if Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit even if you don't use it than to
know if someone has a viceral opinion about its maker.

Viceral opinions are useful, but only about things that matter.  Like
the one true editor, or sysv vs. berekely init scripts.