Inverse Binary Rock-Suck Entanglement (the "no good Perljobs"/"text editors" myth)

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Tue Aug 8 18:36:53 BST 2006

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 04:53:48PM +0100, Jonathan Bennett wrote:
>> the retarded split-keyboard layout

> I'm assuming you're not a touch-typist? I can get a far, far higher word
> rate out of an ergonomic keyboard than I can a standard one. Admittedly, I
> mostly write in English these days. Then again, when I was writing Perl,
> I'd often use variable names like $ShutdownSignalHasBeenReceived just so
> people knew *exactly* what they did.

Actually, I *am* a touch-typist (about 100wpm, give or take) but I find the
hand positioning to use one of those damn things to be somewhat
uncomfortable and turns me into hunt-and-peck because if I try to touch-type
on them, my fingers miss the keys. If they work for you, great, but please
don't think they're perfect.