The Newly Inaugurated London.pm "Most In Need of Positivity" Award

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Tue Aug 8 22:23:21 BST 2006

On 8 Aug 2006, at 22:08, David Dorward wrote:
[...]
> No, just terrorist action and a human rights violation. Demand
> justice, jam the radio on Radio 2 or Radio 4.

Well, it seems to have been switched to Radio 2 recently, but as far
as I can tell, it plays much the same awful crap as every other
payola radio station, complete with inane presenters, phone-ins with
nutters calling, and adverts every fifteen minutes. It's certainly
not the Radio 2 with a varied and interesting playlist that I
remember from a few years ago.

I generally *try* to listen to Radio 4 or the World Service over it,
but the booming bass of the office radio often overpowers my headphones.

It appears that some people think it's a disco, not an office where
complex thought is required. And that's why my productivity is within
epsilon of zero in there...