Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboards Rock/Suck (the "no good Perl jobs"/"ergo keyboards" myth)

Rafael Garcia-Suarez rgarciasuarez at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 09:01:49 BST 2006

On 09/08/06, Andy Wardley <abw at wardley.org> wrote:
> Now don't start me on Apple's keyboards...  I really struggle to
> comprehend how a company that makes such beautiful and well thought out
> hardware/software can fail so miserably in keyboard design and layout!

The poorest ever keyboard I ever saw ever is an iBook French keyboard.
Not only has is non-letter keys in strange places, but all the signs
that programmers or even shell users need (like [], {} or | to name a
few) do not appear on it. You have to guess and learn how to type
them. Also, its key feedback is disagreeable, and it's fragile.

BTW anyone has ever tried http://daskeyboard.com/ ? Looks like an
artifact for bearded darth vaders. The idea is stupid enough to amuse
me. (Although I can't even consider buying one unless they put a
two-row return key on it)