Inverse Binary Rock-Suck Entanglement (the "no good Perl jobs"/"text editors" myth)

Joel Bernstein joel at
Wed Aug 9 13:05:22 BST 2006

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 06:48:21PM +0100, Dirk Koopman wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 16:31 +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
> > They do look suspiciously like an IBM Model M that's had a run in with a tin
> > of black paint though.
> >
> Mine sadly no longer works because it draws too much current (> 100mA)
> for my nice swanky newish AMD X2 M/B. So I have compromised on a
> reasonable(ish) logitech.

I'm currently trying to find a supplier for the one model of PS/2 female
to USB male adaptor that is known to work with Model Ms, who will ship
to Portugal. Apparently there is *one* which is guaranteed to work
because it's a proper active protocol converter, as opposed to the 30p
green thingies you get with USB keyboards to convert them to PS/2, which
require auto-sensing hardware in the keyboard.

Microwarehouse (and the other websites in that group) sell the exact
item I need but won't ship it to Portugal. But the part they sell will
probably suit you fine. It'll let you run your keyboard over USB, if
that suits you?