Inverse Binary Rock-Suck Entanglement (the "no good Perl jobs"/"text editors" myth)

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Aug 9 13:19:16 BST 2006

On 9 Aug 2006, at 13:05, Joel Bernstein wrote:
[...]
> I'm currently trying to find a supplier for the one model of PS/2
> female
> to USB male adaptor that is known to work with Model Ms, who will ship
> to Portugal. Apparently there is *one* which is guaranteed to work
> because it's a proper active protocol converter, as opposed to the 30p
> green thingies you get with USB keyboards to convert them to PS/2,
> which
> require auto-sensing hardware in the keyboard.

Look out for the devices that do keyboard *and* mouse in one, as
they're proper protocol converters as opposed to a magic thing, such
as these:

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=79515

At that price, I bought a pile of spares, so I could pop one in the
post if you like.