Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboards Rock/Suck

danny staple danny at orionrobots.co.uk
Wed Aug 9 23:10:53 BST 2006

On 09/08/06, Leo Lapworth <leo at cuckoo.org> wrote:
> I use this puppy at work (or take it home if I have a lot of coding
> to do):
>
> http://www.kinesis-ergo.com/contoured.htm
>
> 1 week of typing like a snail (e.g. really slowly!), 1 week of
> getting better
> and then back to full speed - and I can switch easily between that and
> other keyboards.
>
> I really notice the difference in my RSI, especially as Ctrl+Alt
> +Windoz keys
> are on your thumb, along with delete and space, I also put escape on one
> of the thumb keys (being a vim user).
>
> It's expensive, but seeing as typing is how most of us make a living
> it's worth it.
>
> Leo

Being a trackball fan myself, preferring the thumb-ball kind, I wander
if a thumb-ball could be added somewhere on the keyboard, along with
the two buttons and scroll wheel, so that you could completely
minimise "extension" and the associated ergonomic problems. It would
also free up one USB port or lower the cable count - always a good
thing.

I still dont know if I could get used to an ergonomic keyboard though,
the breif times when I have used the MS "natural" keyboard, I just
chucked it aside fr the bock standard minimal Dell USB ones..

--
Danny Staple MBCS
OrionRobots