=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fwd:_Perl_Developer,_Birmingham_up_to_=A335k-_PERMANENT?=

Daniel Barlow dan at telent.net
Thu Aug 10 14:19:06 BST 2006

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 11:59:42AM +0100, nilesh barot wrote:
[...]
> they want you to join them and hit the ground running!!

Is this about jumping out of moving vehicles, or are they talking
about hitting the ground *while* running?  I guess you'd have to bend
down and strike it with your palm (or other body part - sort of like a
younger and more athletic Pope?) or are you allowed to use a stick?
Or maybe they just mean "able to fall over on demand".

It surely can't just be shorthand for "we're not organised enough to
have prepared anything for your arrival", after all.

I know this response puts me firmly in the "shit-flinging monkeys"
category, but I hit the ground skating on Sunday and the resulting
bruising and grazes all down my left side are making me grouchy.

-dan